Wednesday, January 7, 2009

STATUS CHANGE

I've been dating Christin since August 2007 and we've been inching closer to the big M word for quite some time. So I waited for the perfect opportunity to make it a surprise - rather than predictable or expected.

ALL of her family lives in Florida. Every Christmas, her family drives down there to spend the season with family. I figured this would be a GREAT surprise to go down there and surprise her! Her parents were kind enough to offer a plane ticket down there after I told them I was driving! So here's the story:

Her family took her out on Monday, Dec 22, in the downtown area to walk around and enjoy the weather. Her dad had to leave to "see a man about a dog" which is code in their family to do something secret. Christin just thought he was picking up a Christmas present, but actually it was me. Her dad had arranged to meet them at the bandstand later (pictured below).



Her dad met up with them while I hid behind a hut. The family kept walking around the lake past the bandstand. Then I snuck up behind them (her whole family knew I was there) and whistled the song that I wrote her to ask her out to get her attention. She kind of stopped and turned around.



She was shocked!



She started laughing and crying at the same time and said, "Zak, why are you here?!" After she didn't move for about 5 seconds, I went up and hugged her to say hello. Her mom snapped these GREAT pictures. We then took a walk around the lake to find a bench. She knew what I was up to and started looking for benches herself! We finally found a spot and I gave her the gift. There was a trail that went around the lake so there were all kinds of people jogging, walking, and taking pictures. She waited for it to clear before she was going to open up the ring and we both looked back and forth for about a minute. I have to say that it was the most awkward/anxious minute of my life. Finally, I said "whatever, I'm doing it" and got on my knee and asked Christin Marie Carrell to marry me. She responded by saying, "THANK YOUUUUUUU! I LOOOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUU!" So we hugged and I asked her if she even said "yes" and she responded with a "YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!". It was perfect. We asked a guy to take our picture!



Now I get to spend the rest of my life with the beautiful Christin Carrell! It's exciting!

THAT'S THE STORY!

1 comment:

Reverb said...

How stinking awesome is that!

Congratulations Zak...you are a great man and you'll be such an amazing husband. That's a killer story to tell the grandkids too.

Good work!