Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blindside

I've followed the band "Blindside" for a few years now. They're a hardcore Christian band from Sweden and they sing in English - their second language. I've also had the privilege of seeing them live a few times. It blows me away when I hear the singer's thick accent and his broken English as he's telling the crowd about hunger problems in Africa and sharing deep spiritual thoughts.

The biggest reason why I LOVE Blindside is their lyrics. As stated earlier, their second language is English and somehow they write the most beautifully deep and meaningful lyrics I've ever come across. A lot of their songs have taught me lessons that I still hold to today and I can point back to a Blindside song's lyrics.

Anyway, you take them having English as a second language, screaming wails, four passionate Swedes, skinny jeans before they were big and you get pure beauty.



As I recall with my stomach turning
I was hiding away from myself, away from you
Like nothing, though something was terribly wrong
And I admit that I was only waiting for the right time
Night time, the right moment for you to look away
Though you never did, I pretended for a while
So I could walk where I dont belong

And I remember every word you said
Come back in time, come back
And I remember I would soon be dead
Now so pitiful, so pitiful

But I know, as I hammered those nails into your beautiful hands
Your eyes still try to search for mine, but I look away
Now your eyes are the only thing that can save me
Im still so afraid of them piercing
Youre breaking into my prison,
Just pretended for a while
My soul is dying
I wont look away

2 comments:

j steg said...

Are you wearing "Blindside" socks to the party on Sunday?

steg stories said...

I got blindsided once. I still don't really know what happened?